Emergency Assistance is a needs based program for Township residents. Eligibility is income based on family size. Those who qualify may receive assistance with rent, gas, electric or water bills. Residents must have a 5 or 10 day eviction notice, or a disconnect notice on their gas, electric or water bill. Residents can qualify once in an eighteen (18) month period. Residents cannot be receiving assistance from another State or Federal Agency.
- Download Application or pick up in person at office.
- Link for application download: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/OneNetLibrary/27897/documents/Forms/IL444-0040.pdf
- Must call 847.741.2045 for an appointment.
- You will be required to bring in the following documents that apply to you and your household:
- Completed and signed application
- Social Security cards for all persons listed on application
- Birth Certificates for all person listed on the application under the age of 18/Photo ID For Adults
- Proof of marriage
- Check stubs or Proof of any Income for Past 30 days
- Lease/Rental agreement for current place of residence
- Demand of Payment from Landlord, i.e., eviction, 5 day, 10 day,Notice, etc. if applying for Rental Assistance
- Utility bills must be in DISCONNECT STATUS if applying for utility assistance
- Verification from DHS, Social Security or Unemployment if you have a case pending
- Verification from DHS, Social Security or Unemployment of monthly amount if you are receiving benefits
- Proof of Medical Insurance Required for Children
- Most Recent Bank Statement: checking, savings, credit union
- Verification of income from child support, alimony or court ordered payments
- ALL OTHER INCOME NOT LISTED
- Verification of day care costs
For other services available in Kane County visit http://www.kanecountyguide.org