2018 Elgin Township Assessments
- August 9th, 2018 – 2018 Assessment Notices mailed
- August 13th, 2018 – 2018 Assessments published in the Fox Valley Daily Herald
- September 12th, 2018 – Deadline for filing an Assessment Complaint for Elgin Township
- Click Here – To request a copy of the 2018 Residential/Farm Assessment Complaint Form
- Click Here – To request a copy of the 2018 Commercial/Industrial Assessment Complaint Form
- Click Here – To request the Rules and Procedures for Filing an Assessment Complaint
For more information about filing a complaint or additional forms, please visit the Kane County Assessment Office’s website at www.kanecountyassessments.org
You can also contact the County office at:
719 S Batavia Avenue
Geneva, IL 60134
Monday -Friday (closed holidays)
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
For questions about assessed values, call the Elgin Township Assessor at (847) 741-5110 or reference the information available on this website.
Kane County 2017 payable 2018 Tax Bills
Last date to pay tax bills was September 4th, 2018 – taxpayer must now call the Kane County Treasurer for information on how to pay a tax bill.
For questions about tax bills or payments, call the Kane County Treasurer at (630) 232-3565 or visit KaneCountyTreasurer.org
- April 30th, 2018 –Tax Bills are available online at www.kanecountytreasurer.org
- Click Here – To enter a parcel number (PIN) or an address to view/pay the current tax bill.
- May 4th, 2018 –Tax Bills will be mailed
- June 14th, 2018 – First Installment Due
- September 4th, 2018 – Second Installment Due
2018 Senior Assessment Freeze Exemption Forms Have Been Mailed
**Income level for the Senior Freeze has increased to $65,000 for 2018**
Elgin Township Assessor’s Office can assist seniors with completing the Senior Freeze Homestead Exemption forms.
Seniors can visit our office at 729 S. McLean Blvd. Elgin, 60123 any time between the office hours of 8am – 4pm, no appointment necessary.
Members of our staff are also able to notarize the form.
Forms have been mailed to all homeowners currently receiving a Senior Homestead Exemption. These forms are also available at the Elgin Township Assessor’s office.
- 2018 Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemption Form (we have forms available in our office also)
- 2017 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A** for ALL members in the household
- Valid Photo ID – Driver’s License or State ID
**If you do not file taxes, please bring the tax documents you would typically submit to an accountant if you were to file.
NEW REQUIREMENTS: Starting in 2017, taxpayers must include proof of qualifying income:
- For senior households where a federal tax return for 2017 has been filed, the applicant must attach a copy of pages 1 and 2 of the IRS Form 1040 or 1040A for all members of the household (the applicant, the applicant’s spouse, and anyone else who used the house as principal dwelling on Jan. 1, 2017).
- If IRS Form 1040 or 1040A for 2017 includes a deduction for a loss, then Schedules C, D, E, or F must be attached, as well.
- If any household member is not required to file a return for 2017, a copy of form SSA-1099 or any other 1099 forms must be attached.