2019 Senior Assessment Freeze Exemption
Forms Have Been Mailed

To qualify for the Senior Freeze, at least one of the owners of your household must be 65 or older by December 31, 2019 AND you have a total household income no greater than $65,000 in 2018.


Elgin Township Assessor’s Office can assist seniors with completing the Senior Freeze Homestead Exemption forms.

Seniors can visit our office at 729 S. McLean Blvd. Elgin, 60123 any time between the office hours of 8am – 4pm, no appointment necessary.

Members of our staff are also able to notarize the form.

Forms have been mailed to all homeowners currently receiving a Senior Homestead Exemption.

These forms are also available at the Elgin Township Assessor’s office.

Additionally, they can be found at www.kanecountyassessments.org under “Forms” or can be requested by contacting the Kane County Assessment Office at:

719 S Batavia Ave – Building C
Geneva, IL 60134


**Income level for the Senior Freeze has increased to $65,000**

Please Bring:

    • 2019 Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemption Form (we have forms available in our office also)
    • 2018 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A** for ALL members in the household
    • Photo ID – Driver’s License or State ID

NEW REQUIREMENTS: Starting in 2017, taxpayers must include proof of qualifying income:

  • If you file a Federal Tax Return, you MUST include a copy of BOTH PAGES of IRS Form 1040 for all persons who live on the property; and
  • Schedule 1, if applicable; and
  • If any tax return income includes a deduction or a loss, you MUST include a copy of Schedules C, D, E, or F, as applicable;
  • If you or another member of the household is not required to file a federal tax return, then you MUST include a copy of your SSA-1099 and all 1099 forms for annuities, 401Ks, other pensions, interest income, rental income, life insurance dividends, etc.
  • If the County receives an application without these documents, the application will NOT be processed.